13.1.14

DIY Project: Marble print clutch


Receiving gifts could be tricky sometimes. I remember once I received a carpet for my 18th birthday, as much as I appreciated the gesture I didn't convince my benefactor how happy I was, though I'm pretty sure my room was. I confess that I'm guilty too in matters of giving wrong gifts, the most lame example was a PRIMARK gift card, for I didn't have much time to concoct a personalized one. Giving gifts is an ART. We often find ourselves facing a rather difficult Choice between a useful and a creative gift, the first one might come in hand someday, but the latter has an inspirational purpose, like handmade presents from etsy.

Last week I celebrated my birthday and unfortunately I didn't get an IPad, but I happen to find the box which was destined to be thrown away. The empty box inspired me so I recycled it into a clutch because 'when life gives you lemons make lemonade', right now my lemonade is this tutorial that explains the steps I went through to obtain a marble clutch, cloned from fall 2013 collection of ACNE Studios bags.




Principal Tools:
- Cardboard box
- Plastic adhesive
- Lining
- Magnetic clasp
- Ribbon leather (features)
- Cutter + Scissors
- Glue gun











Final result:





Image sources: style.com, google,??

4 comments:

  1. This is such an awesome DIY! I love that you used an old iPad box. I love my apple packaging and never want to throw it away because they are really nice boxes, but this would be a great way to reuse them. I could even do this and leave out the clutch components and just have a pretty box to store things in my office.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful idea, Now that marble-print are so IN, we can easily decorate our boxes with adhesive plastic. Thanks Tori for reading our article!

      Delete
  2. Where did you buy the marble adhesive?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I bought the self adhesive vinyl film from a stationery shop, but you can also find it online. All the best!

      Delete