One of the staples of women's closet is a biker, it's such a powerful and edgy attire that goes strangely well with everything. I don't imagine anymore my wardrobe without this essential piece, because it saved me many times, when I didn't know how to pair my printed maxi dress or what to add to my knit sweater. It's the easiest way to add some personality to my daily looks.
From Marlon Brando to your stylish neighbor, strolling the international streets or walking the runways, it's the number one choice for an outerwear. So what's new for spring/summer 2013? The biker is having some change of heart, it's not necessarily in leather or with a bold cut, but rather feminine with light materials and sometimes over-sized with a futuristic silhouette.
Broke, a scarce wardrobe, no digital camera, poor English writing skills, living in an exiled city like Tangier (far from the fashion industry) and yet fighting for a spot in the blogosphere. We must be foolish to create a blog under these circumstances, but if we waited for the right time we probably would never started this blog.
Our Fashion Book back in 2002
Oh the Places We'll Go...This week we had a lot of thoughtful submissions, with it being Women's History Month, and International Women's day, we had excellent homage's to our female heroes. Traveling seemed to be a big theme with Spring Break coming up, and the weather looking much better these days (in the Northern Hemisphere anyway). And we also had some wonderful tips and tricks for bloggers from the community, which is always nice to see how everyone approached blogging differently. How exactly do you be authentic online? It could be an easier journey than you think.
Links à la Mode: March 14th
- Burgundy Whispers: Tastemakers: Jenna Lyons
- A Simple Statement: How to travel with just a carry-on
- Attire Club: How clothes can influence your travel experience
- Under a Veil: Trending this Spring: Stripes
- The Stylist: Tailoring for Dummies
- What Would Your Wear If... : Going to Paris Fashion Week with Anna Wintour
- Foxie Oxie Supernova: Happy International Women's Day 15 Ways to Surround Yourself with Beauty
- Fashionable Creativity: The Dress Project
- Simply Frabulous: The day when Hedi Slimane Killed YSL
- Beauty Fool: How to Be Real and Authentic on Your Blog
- Incognito: Interview with YESIMFRENCH
- Harling Ross: What I want to read
- Coming Unstitched: Tips and tricks for growing your blog
- Look Sharp, Sconnie: Why can't fashion be art?
- The Curitorial: Jeremy Scott Inspiration and Plagiarism
- Inspirations & Celebrations: Fashion Bloggers Favorite Spring Trends
- Elegant Idiosyncrasy: Packing for Spring Break in Miami
- CEFashion Advice: How to Dry Clean Men's Collared Shirts
- Chic & Cheap Living: Affordable Style Inspiration from Fall 2013
- She's all smiles: Interview with artist: Nadia Helena
I don't think I have to remind you that one of the principal trends for the next season is: Stripes.
Why stripes? well because it's a timeless print, that makes a come back every season since the 1800's. It is also a casual and chic appearance that looks fabulous in the street aswell as in the red carpet.
This season, spring summer 2013, many designers included basic items in their collections (like pants, blouses, tshirts,...), giving them a new air with multicolored stripes. Even in the street the fashionistas showed how easy and refined this style could be.
The dino coat by Zandra Rhodes - Chloé spring summer 2009
Did you know that: Zandra Rhodes was one of the new wave of British designers who put London at the forefront of the international fashion scene in the 1970s.
sources: image1, image2.
Posted by fatima zahra zemmouri
A Stylish Salad
Edited by: Jess of Fresh Jess
This is my last turn as editor for Links a la Mode, and what a treat it’s been! I’ve read hundreds of blog posts and discovered some wonderful reads I would never have found otherwise. The IFB community is a true gem on the interwebz. There’s a salad in this week’s picks that reflect the entire IFB palate: thoughtful perspectives to incite dialogue, a peek into some of fashion’s biggest events, helpful tips to better your blogging or style, and outfit posts that truly reflect personal style. Some posts are fun and cheeky, not taking fashion seriously. Others are passionate and conversational. All of them reflect IFB as a community. IFB is an invaluable resource for networking and furthering our skills as bloggers, and I’m glad to be here. I’m glad you are too.
Links à la Mode: The IFB Weekly Roundup For February 28th:
- Aesthete: Lighten Up, Suzy Menkes
- All Things Kate: Haters Gonna Hate
- Awkward City, Population 1: NYFW ‘13: All of Your Wildest Most Terrible Dreams
- Collections and Volumes: Pushing the Envelope
- Elle Yeah: London Fashion Week Diary A/W ‘13: Day 1
- Fashsin City: Barren Boho
- Fleur d’Elise: 5 Tips for Better Blogging
- I’m an Airhead: I Love You Blair Waldorf
- Informed Style: My Informed Style: What to Wear for Paris Fashion Week
- Laura Valuta: Style Post
- Living After Midnite: Room for Style: Fashion with Complementary Colors
- Lollie Shopping: MAGIC Market Week Las Vegas Recap
- Look Sharp, Sconnie: I Support Swag; Pros and Cons of “C/O”
- Nicole’s Revolution: Fashion Friday – OOTD Kid’s Wear
- Pish Posh Perfect: Well-Organized Closet: Ways to Maximize a Small Space
- Sara Constance: How To: Night and Day Outfit
- Simply Frabulous: Unique, Innovative, Brilliant. Prada AW13
- Spy Girl: Tech Tip: Using Google Images Search with Pinterest
- The Stylist: 15 Fashion Bloggers Then and Now
- Under a Veil: Zoon In: Etro SS 2013 – The Asian Legacy
SPONSOR: Shopbop New: LA’t, Steven Alan, Golden Lane Bags, A.N.D jeans., Ivy Kirzhner, Chrissie Morris, Blazers, Haus Alkire, NSF, Linea Pelle, H by Hudson