13.2.13

My Indian love story



Dear Mr. Sabyasachi Mukherjee,

Usually, I don't believe in love at first sight. But life surprises us very often, by proving us wrong, and teaching us that in love there are no rules to abide by. Love is a feeling we can't explain, not even to ourselves.
I fell in love at first sight with YOU. Please don't get me wrong, I fell for your genuine talent. At the very first look of your debut collection, spring 2007 ready to wear collection, you got me right away.

This is going to sound crazy, but... from the moment I first set eyes on you I haven't been able to stop thinking about you.
― Leigh Fallon, Carrier of the Mark 


During your LAKMÉ winter collection of 2009, I was crazy about the dazzling maxi sheer skirts and the marvelous harem pants.You made me enjoy a new facet of fashion, i.e the traditional indian style.



In the summer of 2010, your collection was a bohemian rhapsody, full of captivating details. I fancied the combination of diverse fabrics, like the peculiar set of sequins, stripes and brocade, producing the perfect harmony for a nomad yet stylish woman.


Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye.”      
H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

In 2011 you paid tribute to three successful women:

The activist, always fighting for the right of the people and seeking justice. She does not care about fashion, so she goes for a modest appearance, wearing a masculine garments with a dose of embellishments.

LAKMÉ Winter Fashion week

The artist, unleashing her imagination and creating works of art, where she expresses her true feelings and her priceless beliefs. Inspired by the mexican painter Frida Kahlo, you designed masterpieces replete with floral spur.


WILLS LIFESTYLE winter

The business woman, who thinks like a man and dress like a lady. The maxi printed dresses are the protagonist of this collection.

LAKMÉ Summer Fashion week

Let us always meet each other with smile, for the smile is the beginning of love.
― Mother Teresa

Our last encounter was just this last summer of 2012, showcasing a magical Couture collection, bursting with adorned materials, sophisticated cuts and elegant hues. You made me proud of being in love with your work.






One of my wishes in life is to own a piece signed Sabyasachi, then I will feel very confident and special, because one of your multiple talents is that you design a unique look for everyone's taste. 
I am very anxious to see your next show, with high hopes that it will be a big hit and I am sure that you will never fail my expectations

The world needs more love at first sight.
― Maggie Stiefvater, Shiver

Yours sincerely.

A submission for the IFB project


Sources:Way2Movies, BharatStudent, Fdci.org, ??

1 comment:

  1. Get your Summer Collections with over 50% discounts now!!! http://www.shopclues.com/index.php?dispatch=products.search&company_id=69063&search_performed=Y

    ReplyDelete