9.1.13

IN HER CLOSET: Ugly Betty


When I read the IFB post about how to find inspiration for new entries, the idea of posting about your favorite television character caught my attention. I thought about it for like 10 minutes, then Ugly Betty just popped in my head.



I recall that the dramedy was such an inspiration for me, it taught me to hold on to my dreams, although all the odds were against it. And besides that, it showed me that combining various styles could be very interesting.

So let's celebrate the uniqueness and versatility of betty's wardrobe.


First of all, you have to revive the story of Betty, and her journey to achieve her aspirations, always with a peculiar sense of fashion .







As you can see above, her dresser's characteristics are very "simple":
- knitted vest + patterned blouse or shirt.
- cardigan + colourful dress.
- bright maxi coat.
- jacket + pant or skirt.
- mix match patterns.
- winter accessories.
- statement waist belts.
- a confident smile.

To replicate betty's style you will have to workout your imagination, putting up together patterns, colors, shapes, and items, to create the rad version of you.

Mix-Match patterns


You can carry out all the patterns you love, the secret ingredient is to know the right combination.
Floral + Camo = Make flowers not war.
Dots + Plaid = The Language of Algebra.
Stripes + Floral = Own your Style. 

Betty's Color Palette
betty's closet is replete with bright and cheerful colors in any season of the year. So don't be afraid and let your outfit shine.

Autumn



Winter


Spring


Summer



Be your own BETTY



What do you think of betty's style? Which television character's style do you like the most? Share your opinion with us.


resources: posh24, gossipcenter, ugly-betty.hypnoweb, imdb, fabric, pictaculous, missmoss, wikipedia, 

1 comment:

  1. I love the Betty's Diary thing you've done. I did a post on Ugly Betty last summer: http://undercoverdressuplover.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/ugly-betty.html

    The Undercover Dress-Up Lover x

    ReplyDelete