1.1.13

IN DETAILS: TEXT PRINT



HAPPY NEW YEAR 2013, today is the first day of (I'm sure) a wonderful year to come.

One of my resolutions this year is to always express myself no matter what the result will be, and the perfect way to achieve that is by employing the right words, Karen Salmansohn once said that "Your words have great power, use them to support and inspire". I think that fashion is the best way to transmit inspiration.


In the early 90s it was the Global warming, now it's the Arab spring the principal piece of news in the world, these movements gave birth to a more conscious society, fighting for its right and verbalizing its freedom by spreading important statement.
Thanks to technology, people started to create their own blogs and sites to express themselves and sail in their imagination. However blogs ain't the only way to speak one's mind, there is a simple way too: a printed t-shirt with meaningful messages and texts.



The Viktor&Rolf's fall collection of 2008, translated people's emotions after the global financial crisis, that hit the world without previous notice. This year, the spring/summer season of 2013, some designers presented us several text print t-shirts (sometimes sweaters, and even dresses), each one of them have inspiring words or just labeled print, you can see it by yourself!













If you liked this trend and would love to do your own text printed t-shirts, first you have to select a method, I found two simple DIY tutorials, from asplendidassemblage's blog, that will make it easier for you; with fabric paint or transfer paper. Now, all you have left to do is to choose a quote that means a lot to you, as an altenative you can pick one from the list below.

Top 5 best quote (according to underaveil):
- “Everything has beauty.” -Confucious
- “I don't do fashion, I AM fashion.” -Coco Chanel
- “Believe in yourself.” -Rachel Corrie
- “Behind every succesful woman is HERSELF.” -Unknown
- Chocolate is the answer. Who cares what the question is?.” -Unknown

Shop the trend


Do you think this trend is a good way to express yourself?
What's your favourite quote to be featured in a t-shirt?


 sources: vogue.it, vanessa jackman, american apparel, BalaModa, StockholmStreetStyle, goodreads, thinkexist.com, ?¿

6 comments:

  1. Love this!!! I think it's a great resolution, it goes right along with standing up for yourself and never having to apologize! All the best in 2013!
    xo
    girlintheyellowdress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Caroline, all the best for you too!

      Delete
  2. Great trend to focus on - I still love writing on t-shirts but looks like it's geting a bit more sophisticated for Spring 2013. great job, and congrats on LALM!
    xo, Style Island- www.style-island.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed the mix of sources for your images - it's nice to show that text on t-shirts or clothing isn't just about being funny or clever, but making a serious statement as well. I think the Ashish ones are my favourite...just in case my face didn't give away how tired I was, the shirt could do it for me...
    Congrats on the LALM selection!

    Devon
    www.InformedStyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!

    I foind this post through links a la mode 3rd Jan as I was also nominated!
    I love love love this post images are great and it's made me want to throw on my slogan tees!

    Holly x

    www.holsdols.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. blake, Devon and Holly, thanks for passing by. I hope you're enjoying this trend and making the best of it.
    All the best!

    ReplyDelete